The world’s defence organizations are expanding their reliance on satellite communications. And satellite technology in turn is being significantly enhanced to serve the mission.
Next week at Global MilSatCom 2016 in London, iDirect will showcase its latest lineup of defence remotes – the 9-series. From new man-pack terminals to next-gen aero remotes, the 9-series delivers new levels of performance, efficiency and security. Here’s a quick preview.
- The 9-series lineup includes the iDirect 900/9350 Series Satellite Routers that provide unprecedented performance, dual demodulators and greater bandwidth efficiency. The rack-mounted 9350 is the fastest iDirect TDMA remote to date, with over 150 Mbps of aggregate throughput with DVB-S2 and Adaptive TDMA and a path to well over 200 Mbps via support of 29 Msps with Adaptive SCPC. The 9350 also features a multi-core processor, embedded 8-port Gigabit Ethernet switch, dual demodulators, and an LCD display. The 900 is a board-level remote and features the same capabilities as the 9350, with the added ability for custom terminal integration.
- The iDirect 950mp Integrated Satellite Router Board is designed for portable communications-on-the-move (COTM) solutions. The 950mp features an overall 30% reduction in size, weight and power (SWaP) and iDirect Transmit Key Line to further reduce power consumption. It also features embedded FIPS 140-2 Level 3 encryption and is designed to operate within all Ku-, C-, Ka- and X-bands including Wideband Global SATCOM (WGS) frequency ranges, providing flexibility in secure network deployments.
- The 980 Airborne Integrated Satellite Router Board is a board-level router, designed for ultra-high speed airborne applications (up to 1,000 mph). Its improved performance, dual demodulators for seamless beam-switching, spread spectrum returns and skew angle compensation support aeronautical operations, enabling the use of ultra-small and phased-array antennas on military aircraft.
- The iDirect 9800 AE and 9800 AR Airborne Satellite Routers incorporate the powerful 980 board-level router. Available in two form factors, ARINC 600 Enclosure (AE) and 1RU Rack Mount (AR), they are designed to meet the stringent certifications required for installation on aircraft. With its upgraded performance, security and efficiency features, this series is primed to protect military-grade communications.
The 9-series is designed to coexist with the e8000 series remotes, enabling a smooth transition path to upgrade fielded remotes. The new portfolio can handle highly sophisticated applications that operate at the heart of military operations worldwide:
- The real-time exchange of voice, data, and high-definition ISR video between airborne assets and operators on the ground
- Enable command access for soldiers deployed with portable, light-weight, power-efficient man-pack terminals
- A full range of broadband capabilities aboard military maritime vessels
- The establishment of land-based mobile command units
Check out this infographic to learn more. And stop by the iDirect stand #17.