The ability to offer high-speed data rates and make efficient use of bandwidth is essential to meeting rising customer expectations. But today it takes more than that ─ it means enabling dynamic, flexible services that can be turned on rapidly and adjusted on demand across the entire global network. iDirect provides the technology building blocks to support true service agility at every point in the process from network implementation to unified services to optimized service fulfillment.
Learn more in our latest Digital Preview Feature “Plug In, Play On.”
Plug In, Play On: Check out new iDirect innovations that will bring you true service agility.
In our latest Preview Feature you’ll see how iDirect innovations are enabling dynamic service delivery that will lead toward higher revenue, lower operational costs and greater overall opportunity.
- See how new Layer 2 over Satellite (L2oS) is expanding flexibility in how networks are built, enabling greater integration of satellite connectivity into the end-to-end delivery model.
- Learn more about how iDirect Verified Designs are ensuring that services and functionality on the satellite side successfully carry through on the terrestrial side.
- Watch how iDirect’s Embedded Computing (EC) remotes series combines iDirect technology with best-in-class third-party applications to create a powerful one-box solution to support greater capabilities from a single remote site.
When it comes to planning and ensuring your long-term growth, iDirect’s innovations are forging the most intelligent path forward today.
For starters, a whole new wave of more than a dozen iDirect technologies and products dedicated to maximizing performance and efficiency are coming your way. See them all now up close in our Digital Preview Feature “Dial it Up”.
See how you can dial up your performance and efficiency.
This new feature includes video interviews, product overviews and interactive charts that provide real-time insight into the development that’s ensuring iDirect customers are ready to dial up their DVB-S2 performance and prepare for the next level of throughput with DVB-S2X.
Here’s just a sample of what you’ll see and learn in the new Preview Feature:
- Details on our two-step strategy for finding your path toward migrating to DVB-S2X at the right time for your organization, enabling you to maximize current hub investments and minimize the need for expensive dual-illumination.
- A first look at our next-generation, high-powered line cards ─ with higher performance, higher MODCODs and DVB-S2X ready.
- What the new 9-Series high-performance remotes, the fastest TDMA remote in iDirect history, will mean for you and your business.
- The many benefits of a new family of Embedded Computing (EC) remotes. See how iDirect technology is joining with best-in-class third-party solutions from partners including Cisco®, XipLink™, Sevis® and others to open doors to delivering new, specialized services and more.
Satellite service providers must bring sophisticated networking capabilities to the customer end site to meet rising customer expectations. Enterprise requirements might include running multi-tenant networks, terminating Layer 2 services, routing for disaster recovery, and providing sophisticated data and network management.
iDirect’s X7-EC embedded computing remote allows service providers to achieve all these activities through the ability to deploy Cisco IOS® software at the network edge.
The Cisco 5921 Embedded Services Router (ESR) supports enterprise routing protocols for advanced end point management across an iDirect Evolution® Layer 2 over Satellite (L2oS) network. It’s equivalent to placing a Cisco routing box at the customer premise to create a natural demarcation for managed services.
The service provider is able to reinforce their VSAT networks with the same global-standards, exceptional reliability and security they find in terrestrial networks. And as satellite plays an increasingly important role in enabling the Internet of Things (IoT) across the globe, the introduction of the Cisco 5921 ESR to the VSAT market brings an effective solution for managing all end points across the VSAT network.
“iDirect is offering the Cisco 5921 ESR as one of the first deliverables of our partnership as a Cisco Solution Technology Integrator (STI). As the satellite industry continues to adopt industry networking standards and support seamless services end-to-end, this combination of our iDirect X7 Remote with a Cisco Router in a single box satisfies demand for more capabilities at customer sites in a cost-effective, highly efficient manner,” says Eric Watko Vice President, Integrated Solutions and Space Systems, iDirect. Read More
By Kevin Steen, VP of Global Sales and Chief Operating Officer, iDirect
When it comes to planning and ensuring your long-term growth, iDirect’s powerful next-generation technology and innovations are forging the most intelligent path forward today.
I’d like you to join us on the journey at IntelligentPathForward.com. Our goal is to share unprecedented visibility and context with iDirect partners into the full lineup of releases coming this year and next so you can capitalize on your next phase of growth.
We’ll show you both the broader perspective of where we’re headed as a technology industry leader … as well as the ground-level product detail you need to make the best choices for your business along the way. Most importantly, we’ll connect the dots between the innovations we’re delivering and how they will enable you to access more markets, better manage operational and capital costs, and create unique value for your customers. It all boils down to staying on the right path to growing your business for the long term.
The iDirect Intelligent Path Forward is your iDirect base camp for all the insights, background and intelligence you need in order to effectively execute on your business plans. Over the coming months we’ll be adding new pieces to the story, mile markers along the way, that demonstrate how the iDirect roadmap is aligned with your growth plans. For instance, today we’ll zero in on the re-engineering of our remote portfolio, and what this means for delivering specialized applications. Read More
By Eric Watko, Vice President, Integrated Solutions and Space Systems, iDirect
Satellite’s role in creating a truly converged end-to-end network is an ongoing industry discussion, and one that continues to generate more conversation with the introduction of new technology innovations and the growing demands that drive them.
Throughout the past few weeks iDirect has engaged in a discussion with Verizon, NSR, BT and Intelsat on the role of satellite in the end-to-end network. Our conversation wraps up this week with Eric Watko addressing the question posed by Intelsat: What are the next steps to innovating around modern networking technology in order for satellite to continue operating right at the heart of IP networks?
Looking back on the past few weeks, we have been engaged in a very enlightening discussion around how we work to make satellite communication technology look and act more like all other access technologies.
- We were given a glimpse into the telco environment from Verizon and the steps it must take in order to align satellite with its core MPLS network.
- From there, NSR offered a call-to-action regarding the need to see more advances in the areas of software-defined satellite networks, transitioning out of fixed server hardware and into a virtualized environment.
- BT Global Services described their efforts to launch satellite networks built on a Layer 2 foundation to support telco trends toward carrier Ethernet.
- Finally, Intelsat talked about enabling service agility so telecom providers can quickly reach underserved areas.
For iDirect, the answer is clear: We must be able to support the service needs of the industry as a whole. We cannot simply focus on the space segment, but instead examine every aspect—from the edge of the core network, to the terminals, to the endpoint of the customer. Read More
By Renato Goodfellow, Head of Global Satellite, BT Global Services
Satellite’s role in creating a truly converged end-to-end network is an ongoing industry development and continues to generate more conversation with the introduction of new technology innovations and the growing demands that drive them. It is gaining more and more momentum with the growing end-to-end functionality requirements of our customers, such as security.
The series’ previous blog post by NSR addressed the next generation of innovation in satellite, while posing the question around which trends in telco will continue to drive future innovation in satellite.
BT Global’s communications network provides connectivity to nearly 200 countries, most of which rely on terrestrial fiber. We also serve over 37,000 sites around the globe to which fiber will not reach and this is where satellite enters the discussion.
Over recent years, BT Global Services has invested heavily in growing our VSAT infrastructure to take advantage of VSAT strengths. Satellite is a quick-to-deploy and secure solution that enables global connectivity, and has played a vital role in helping complete our BT Connect Global MPLS network reach. We have installed dedicated VSAT hubs in key regions of the world, which helps us optimize communication performance, with a single BT managed solution for our customers. Read More