If you missed iDirect’s last webinar about International Defence it is now available for viewing.
Tune in to learn about:
- iDirect’s Defence technology, whether you are interested in our latest government- and military- focused iDX 2.3 Release offering DVB-S2 TRANSEC over Adaptive Coding and Modulation (ACM), Transmit Keyline, and FIPS 140-2 compliancy
- The latest advances in high-speed Comms-on-the-Move products
- Quickly deployable, tamper-proof, lightweight remotes
- iDirect Hub network architecture with great advances in DVB-S2/ACM combined with highly secure features
Thanks to all who participated! Keep reading our blog to hear about our next webinar coming in May.
In order to view the playback file, you may need to download the WebEx player and install it on your computer. Click here to download the WebEx player.
We just wrapped up our first Global Partner Summit held in Barcelona, Spain, with over 85 partners in attendance.
The presentations are now available for download on the iDirect Partner Technical Assistance Center. If you lost your login credentials, experience difficulty logging in or need to be registered, please fill out this form or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note you must be an authorized partner to have access to the presentations.
Highlights from the Summit include:
- Simon Bull, Comsys, presented the challenges and opportunities faced by satellite operators in our industry. This includes slower growth in the general broadband access/enterprise markets, and the faster-growing segments for the maritime, SCADA and cellular backhaul verticals. How Ka-band will change our industry dynamics and it is inevitable so be prepared. Successful operators need to differentiate based on providing customer value at the application level.
- iDirect presented high level strategies including company, marketing and product. We also offered sneak previews into new products for the Utility and SCADA markets, and go-to-market plans to capture emerging 3G opportunities in cell backhaul, We also reported on new applications in the maritime market that are driving new bandwidth requirements.
Bringing TDMA and SCPC onto a Common Platform:
How service providers can meet growing customer demands while lowering their costs
iDirect has just made a major announcement about integrating TDMA and SCPC on
its platform. What business challenge are you addressing?
In the satellite industry, service providers face an ironic challenge when it comes to growth. The more satellite IP networks are adopted for core communications, the more these networks can become difficult and costly to support.
Satellite 2011 hosted a maritime-focused track on Monday afternoon, March 14. iDirect was heavily featured during these sessions, which included Christian Bergan, our maritime expert, participating in one of the panel discussions on maritime satcom strategies.
The first session’s focus was on the different hardware suppliers and satellite operators supporting the maritime industry. Moderated by Simon Bull from Comsys and the Chairman of the GVF Satcom Forum, Bull asked a number of different questions to his panelists that included participants from iDirect, Intellian, Intelsat, Hughes, SatProf, Inmarsat and Eutelsat. A number of discussions centered on topics including current and future market trends, commoditization, implementing satcoms during the new build process, and finally around educating the shipping market about what to ask when evaluating a satcom service.
The Satellite 2011 pre-conference program featured a session on “Quality of Service.” Panel members included three iDirect customers ( CapRock, Globecomm and RigNet ), an independent consultant, and VP of networking from Hughes. Three key points came out of the panel discussion:
First was a reminder that not all elements of a network apply QoS in the same way and operators need to be knowledgeable of all elements in their network. Often they will need to work closely with equipment vendors, particularly their satellite equipment vendors, to ensure proper end-to-end operation of QoS in their network.
Satellite 2011 is under way and we’re capturing every moment. We’ve added a number of photos from pre-show and Tuesday to our Flickr and Facebook pages.
Check them out!
Check the links often as new photos are being added every day.
We are live at Satellite 2011! Earlier today, Greg Quiggle gave a presentation on iDX 3.0, iDirect’s soon-to-be-released software that brings TDMA and SCPC together for the first time on one platform. Mike Patullo also presented SatManage, our award-winning operations support system (OSS). Both sessions were very well attended. To catch these demos tomorrow, come by the iDirect booth #709 at 11:30am and 2:30pm for iDX 3.0 and 12:30pm and 3:30pm for SatManage.
Come join us today from 4-6pm for our iDX 3.0 Preview Party in meeting room 209C to learn more about iDX 3.0 and meet the team behind this landmark release. Get your admission ticket from any iDirect representative at the show.
Visit us at booth #709 all week to learn more about our exciting announcements!
CTOs for the satellite industry’s leading companies met this morning at 7:30 for a breakfast discussion on trends driving the development and adoption of new technologies in the satellite Industry.
“For 7:30 on a Monday morning in downtown DC I was extremely impressed with the turn out,” said iDirect’s CTO, David Bettinger. “We must have had 100 people in the audience.”
Greg Berlocher, president of TGN, as panel moderator, asked the panelist to introduce themselves and their companies then led into the discussions around several technology and market trends. The two major topics that garnered most of the discussion were:
Satellite 2011 is on its way! Set up was messy as usual and it’s amazing that everything gets done on time and looking great. Satellite 2011 hosted its 30th anniversary party Monday night and some exhibitors were able to take a break to greet old friends. We look forward to seeing everyone tomorrow at the start!