Dar es Salaam, Tanzania, At a customer launch seminar held in parallel with the Connecting Rural Communities (CRC) Africa 2011 conference in Dar es Salaam today, Vizada Networks will unveil new connectivity services based on the implementation of a sophisticated iDirect hub at its established facility in the Tanzanian capital.
The cost-effective services made possible by the new hub will be based on the leading satcoms and telecommunications specialist’s next generation shared connectivity solution, Viznet Dynamic, and are designed to enable reliable internet connectivity to and from towns and villages in Tanzania and along the east coast of Africa, where terrestrial telecoms may be unreliable or non-existent.
The new Viznet Dynamic services are primarily aimed at organisations and businesses having branches in the Eastern Africa region who want to connect to Dar es Salaam, directly. Using iDirect DVB-S2/ACM satellite technology in addition to Vizada Networks’ proprietary technology, Viznet Dynamic delivers a secure, reliable broadband connection regardless of location or local environment. Continue>
Certification ensures hardware is tamper-evident for use in U.S. Government and Defense applications
Herndon, Va., August 22, 2011 – VT iDirect, Inc. (iDirect), a company of VT Systems, Inc. (VT Systems), today announced that its government line of Evolution satellite routers and line cards have met the physical requirements for the Federal Information Processing Standards Publications (FIPS) 140-2 Level 2 validation. FIPS 140-2 validation is required for cryptographic products used in any U.S. Government agency network such as hardware and software that encrypts and decrypts data and conducts other cryptographic functions. iDirect is a world leader in satellite-based IP communications technology.
FIPS 140-2 Level 2 is the second level of physical security certification for any hardware containing cryptographic modules that may be used by any branch of the U.S. military or civilian government agency. To ensure it is tamper evident, a specialized coating and seal must be engineered into each product. iDirect’s government Evolution series products that meet the physical requirements for FIPS 140-2 Level 2 include:
By Christian Bergan
Today, utility companies are making significant progress in developing a next-generation communications network capable of supporting the smart grid. But many utility companies still struggle with how to affordably and reliably extend this communications network to 100 percent of their service territory, especially to remote substations and customer locations that are beyond the reach of primary networks.
While an IP-based satellite platform can provide utilities with the real-time data exchange, operational visibility and broadband reach required for a smart grid communications system, there are several common misconceptions about the reliability, latency, cost and security that satellite provides.
The reality is that since its humble beginnings as a one-way distribution mechanism used primarily for back-up systems and consumer television service, satellite communications has undergone a major transformation.
Today’s satellite networks have advanced to become two-way, enterprise-class platforms that provide terrestrial-like broadband connectivity. They are high-speed communications systems that are built on IP and integrate seamlessly with core communications technology. No longer hampered by early latency or reliability issues, satellite is a cost-effective and secure solution that can provide backup communications and easily support core smart grid applications like SCADA, telemetry, AMI backhaul and distribution automation. Continue>
SIS Live provides a complete satellite broadcast system including uplinks
Outside broadcast and satellite uplink specialist SIS Live will show some new developments in its product ranges at IBC2011 in Amsterdam next month. This includes versions of its uPak VSAT terminal in Ka, Ku and X band parabolic style antenna, and the Tr-uPod satellite uplink system for the first time in Europe.
Multi-band uPak is now available with a 60cm parabolic style antenna as well as the previously issued flat plate antenna. This automated VSAT terminal provides high-speed data communications for Internet connectivity, video transmission and VPN connectivity, using its integral iDirect modem.
Tr-uPod, first unveiled at NAB 2011, is a flexible, compact satellite uplink system featuring an advanced composite antenna design, tool-less assembly with fully automated or simple manual operation. The multiband antenna is available in 0.75m, 1.0m, 1.2m and 1.5m versions and packs into two IATA-compliant carry cases, which can be flown as standard airline baggage and easily carried over rough terrain.
IBC is a premier venue for Satellite Service Providers and the Satellite Broadcasting Industry. iDirect will be presenting some exciting new developments to its product range at the 2011 IBC exhibition in Amsterdam.
With so much to see and do how do you make the best use of your time?
Here are some reasons why you should visit iDirect at IBC2011, located at booth 5.B30:
- Stop by as we host a special VIP Reception in our booth on Saturday and Sunday afternoon from 4 – 6 p.m. You’ll have a chance to network with the iDirect executives and team!
- iDirect’s iDX 3.0 software brings TDMA and SCPC together for the first time on one platform. Building on the power of the industry-leading Evolution® technology, iDX 3.0 is loaded with all the abilities you need to thrive in any industry, any network configuration. Stop by our booth to see a demo of this powerful software’s capabilities and register for our iDX 3.0 workshop.
- Experience the most sophisticated network management tool in the business, SatManage, in our SatManage Pavilion adjacent to the iDirect booth.
- The entire Evolution® product line will be on display, featuring our commercial and military powerful remotes and BUC and LNB bundles, so this is an ideal time to have a hands-on look at what makes this technology line so unique.
- Get a sneak-peak of our soon-to-be launched Evolution Minihub Series and our low-cost X1 remote ideal for large, narrow-band networks.
- You’ll also see XipLink, our network accelerator, on display. XipLink products are easy to install and maximize the speed of encrypted packets over secure satellite networks and optimize web traffic and content for improved user experience.
In case you missed our last webinar on TETRA networks, you can watch it here.
iDirect’s Director, Vertical Marketing, Richard Deasington, discussed:
- The importance of TETRA
- How big the market opportunity is and where the growth areas are
- iDirect’s offering to TETRA network operators
- The technical solution and its advantages
You can also learn more by reading our TETRA Case Study.